Monday, July 14, 2008

MIIIIICROO WAAAAVE


Last week I spun at apt. in NYC. I have spun there many times, always downstairs...dating back to when Bobbito Garcia first started doing his party..when the turntables were still on the bar. After that Amir and I have rocked with Chairman Mao, and Big Rich Medina.
So Sal (LIQUID LIQUID) hit me up and wanted me to rock upstairs on wed. Turns out aside from the soundsystem, I prefer the room upstairs..its much more open and the back deck (weed heads) is dope for the summer.
Basically I have never seen that room as thick as it was when I rocked...lots of fly females dancing and the fellas were really getting loose. From jams like Midas Touch to Eric Burdon & WAR's spill the wine. The highlight of the night had to be when JUJU (BEATNUTS) was dancing to what is in my opinion, one of the classiest, illest, indie disco 12"s ever made (micro wave boogie) JuJu then tells me its his 12 year old daughters favorite record...guess thats what happens when you got a funky ass dad. Later in the night Jeru dropped by and I proceeded to run Beatnuts classics and one of my fav Jeru versus ever ( im the man). Pop Master Fable (RSC) was also in the house...Sorry I made you late...and yes it was for a good cause ! the poppers were getting down to D-train and countless other classics.
All in all I'd say this was the most fun I've had spinning there...you know when you have those nights when your just on fire ? That was one of'em. Oh yea...sorry to homeboy who wanted to hear Jay-z "Allow me to re-introduce myself" ( in his own words) cuz he's a "dancer". Isnt that jam a bit slow for dancing ?
Heres the og yellow Skip Jackson Micro wave Boogie 12"...and I saved my set from that night as well.
MICROWAVE










click on the pics to enlarge

10 comments:

P.SKILLZ said...

Love this track. I'm going to have to get a copy.

Anonymous said...

that micro wave boogie is the shiiit! thanks for sharing the setlist and keep on killing it!

boe said...

whats in yer wedding set?

boe said...

by the way nice 1 for the heads up on all these tracks and tracklistings of sets ....very much appriciated

Moka said...

I love this tune!! It's in Uncle Junior's Friday Fish Fry: The Cleaning...

Moka said...

I love this tune. It's in Uncle Junior's Friday Fish Fry: The Cleaning

Anonymous said...

You re the man..Love this tune Kon...thanks for sharing..!!
Cheers from Athens,Greece.

Anonymous said...

Kon, thanks for the track and the screen shots, exiting stuff.

Anonymous said...

without a doubt, Good lookin on keeping it real. I posted your and Amir's set on my blog from when you were in Toronto. Check it out and add www.cantslowdown.net to your blogroll

http://louderthanabomb.wordpress.com/2008/07/22/sho-is-funky/

mr sunshine said...

Damn!Slap my momma! I can't believe never heard of y'all. Got to catch your next set at APT.

DJ Sunshine